"Go forward in life with A TWINKLE in your eyes and A SMILE on your face, but WITH GREAT PURPOSE in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 20, 2014

Just some Random Thoughts and Updates‏

So it looks like I am going to be hangin’ with the cows for a couple more months. I am staying in Quimey (Hermana Reyes went to San Miguel, equally as good! Lucky duck) and what came as an even bigger surprise is that I am going to be training a greenie again! AND to make things even better, she is going to be Latin (I love Latin compañieras). One of the elders here told me, “People are going to start calling you Eve, because you are the mother of many!” haha. But really, I have been in tranning/ tranning for my whole mission, but I am embracing that blessing with all of my heart and am excited to take on this new adventure with my new Latina love.
This week we saw so many miracles from the Lord as he blessed us to be able to see so many of the people that we have been working with, over the past 3 months, come to church! Hermana Reyes and I worked so hard, and the fruits from that labor were much enjoyed. My new compañiera and I have a lot of work to do to make sure that they keep on keepin’ on, but I know that they will be able to do it with just a little push from us as they strive to do the little things (reading their scriptures, family prayer, etc.). Something that helped us out a lot this week was the members of our ward. They were key! You guys don’t even know (or maybe you do) how equally important your influence is in the lives of the investigators and the inactive members. If you want to do something good…then look for the missionaries and HELP THEM! Together, miracles can happen. That is my testimony as I saw those miracles happen with the ward members this week.
p.s: Have I mentioned that I love Quimey! We have the best ward, and a lot of primary littles. I think that they make up half of our attendance each week, about 110 people. It reminds me of the Ladera Ranch wards. So fun! Sunday is not Sunday without the noise of all of the littles running around and playing with their toy cars.
Much love to you all!
Xoxox, Hermana North
“Hear the Word of God and Do It” –Luke 8:21
Picture 1:  Hermana Jenifer and her babe, Viciente. (another innactive that came to church)

Picture 2: loquras with Katta (our innactive that came to church!)

Picture 3: tree climbing will never get old for me

 Picture 4: la familia Parra- super Rad family from our ward. 

Picture 5: gallons of icecream that a love from our ward brought us on monday night

Picture 6: gallons of icecream in my tummy on saturday morning (it didnt even last one week...it was a Hot week! dont judge)

Picture 7: balancing books on our heads for shade

Picture 8: My love hermana Miriam- she cooks yummy food that makes my stomach smile




No comments:

Post a Comment