"Go forward in life with A TWINKLE in your eyes and A SMILE on your face, but WITH GREAT PURPOSE in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, March 8, 2013

How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days


Like you all know, I really do have the best of friends here at the MTC. I could not be more blessed to have them in my life. This week was our last week here. Our last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, ever. So every night we have been celebrating, taking advantage of every last second that we have with each other. The other night we were dancing and singing in our room, like the quiet dignified sisters that we are, and the most amazing thing ever happened. Worthy of adding to my bucket list right then and there and then checking it off. So as we were singing our hearts out, I opened our window and yelled out "Ladies of New York, Frost yourselves!" (quoting my favorite movie, How to Loose A Guy in Ten Days) and then an Elder yelled back, "Frost this!" I am not even kidding. Then the very next day, I was playing basketball during Gym and I made a basket from the top of the key. Yes me. I'm not athletic at all and before I knew it I was scoring another HTLAGITD moment to add to my bucket list.
I have been able to feel Heavenly Fathers love so strongly this week. At the beginning of my week, I got a letter telling me that one of my very loved friends had passed away. I can not even begin to explain to you how hard this news hit me. Even with the knowledge that I have of the Plan of Salvation, of where we will go in the next life, I found so much discomfort and sadness. But the Lord is aware. He know what I need and he took care of me so quickly. I had so much peace when I came upon a scripture in D&C 42: 45 where is says, "Thou shalt live together in lover, insomuch that thou shalt weep for them that die, and more especially for those that have not hope of a glorious resurrection. And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them." I know that Tyler is going to get all of the opportunities to live a happy life even on the other side. He is still going to have the chance to serve a mission, fall in love, get married, have a family, and live a healthy and normal (heavenly) life. The Lord has things prepared for him, just as he does for us. I know that Ty is so happy now, and that the pains that he felt here on Earth are no longer part of him, that he doesn't even remember them! And that is what has given me so much peace. I will miss him everyday and always love him. Now I have an extra angel watching over me while I serve. I know that he is Happy, so so am I.
I am leaving the MTC in four days! I can not believe how fast my time here has gone. I ran into a girl at the temple today who served in my same mission and she said that it is so beautiful in the area that I am serving in. I can not wait to meet those Chilean people. I know that I am going to love them so much, well I already do! 
Take care everyone! Chao
xox, Hermana North

picture 1: The best way to describe our time spent together here at the MTC. Gonna miss them.

picture 2: Surprise! My dearest mumsy and popsicle came with me through my last temple sesh at the Provo temple! So great to see them.


                                                                               picture 3: Lets go do work!!

picture 4: Mamasita tan bonita

picture 5: Mis compnieras favoritas

picture 6: Just love her!

picture 7: There is nothing like a nice warm foot bath before bed. And they all judged me, until I showed them the light.

picture 8: Temple cafeteria run. A nice break from the MTC food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment