"Go forward in life with A TWINKLE in your eyes and A SMILE on your face, but WITH GREAT PURPOSE in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, February 2, 2013

First Letter EVER!

Being here at the MTC has been one of the Best experiences I've had. I feel so blessed because I feel so at home here. Since day one, I've seen the great blessings that Heavenly Father has given me. He knows of my needs and has blessed me with the greatest companions ever, Hermana Furhiman, who will be serving in Canada and Hermana Mecham who is serving in Argentina. We seriously get along as if have known each other forever. A day has not gone by where we have not laughed so hard that our abbs hurt. They are so awesome and the best part, their testimonies of Christ are so solid.They have been such great examples to me and they even love to run! Which we have been doing everyday during our GYM time. Everyone here in the MTC are working hard towards the same goal, which makes it so much easier to get along with people and to work hard as well.  I can not believe how much I've learned in such a short amount of time! Yesterday I taught my first lesson to an investigator, in SPANISH! It sounded intimidating at first but we were promised that if we prepared our lesson, the Spirit of the Lord would help up and give us the words that we needed in the very moment that we would need them. And let me tell you, that promise was made as yesterday as we went into our appointment with just our scriptures and taught him the entire first lesson on the Restoration of the church...in SPANISH. I was so surprised with how well we were able to teach, and while it was not perfect, we were able to feel the Spirit and our investigator promised that he would read the Book of Mormon as well as come to church with us this Sunday. Granted he is just a pretend investigator, but it just gave me a taste of how the real mission field is going to be like. As I study and work hard in class, I cant help but think about the people that I will be serving in Chile and how much I already love them! I can't wait to meet them and teach them about the reasons that I am so happy and have so much peace in this life. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here at the MTC. I had my first experience of thinking in Spanish yesterday where I was writing in English and then wrote a word in Spanish without realizing it until I reread what I wrote. I am so excited to be able to start speaking fluently. My companions and I made a goal to finish reading the entire Book of Mormon in Spanish, so that by the time we leave here, we will be able to speak the language perfectly. There was a promise that Gordon B. Hinckley (my favorite prophet and the CUTEST prophet Ever) made where he said that if we study the language everyday and read the Book of Mormon, in the desired language that by the time we finish the Book, we will be able to speak the language fluently. So we'll see if we can get it done before we leave. We figured that we have to read 16 pages a day, but I believe in us ;)
I can't say that I've had the easiest time here, the work is exhausting and waking up at 6 every morning has been a new challenge, as the days seem to be really long. But now I can see why being a missionary is so worth it! The good stuff outlasts the tiering stuff. At the end of the day, being exhausted and pushing ourselves to stay awake in class all seems to be worth it when I can see how blessed and happy we are. It is quite simple for me. The church is true and Heavenly Father is so aware of everyone of us. Yo se que nuestro Padre Celestial nos ama mucho y que el hice un plan para podemos regresar en su presencia otra vez (just a little taste of what my spanish sounds like). Love you guys so much! I will be uploading pictures soon. Hope everyone is doing well! Keep sending me letters:) I love hearing from you guys!
p.s: My P-day is on Friday's starting next week. And I get to go to the Provo temple every P-day as well! Session starts at 6:30AM, just fyi for those who might want to visit me ;)








picture 1: My lovely Companieras


picture 2: First day and we totally rocked our "Dork Dots"


picture 3: The signature Missionary picture!


picture 4: Riding on the bikes with the elders



picture 5: One of my new loves, Hermana Monroe




picture 6: My district all acting as our animal spirit names. They named me Dori ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment