"Go forward in life with A TWINKLE in your eyes and A SMILE on your face, but WITH GREAT PURPOSE in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, February 8, 2013

Week 2!


Hey Loves! I hope that you are all doing well! I wanted to thank you for all of the love and support that I've gotten as I've been here at the MTC. Letters seriously mean the world to me! My district leader and I have a close relationship because I am always hunting him down for my mail. Ha ha. Anyways, I am doing so well here and it already feel as if I've been here forever. Last night I had to give a tour to all of the new missionaries that just moved into my new zone, which was kind of crazy since I've only been here for one week! Supposedly I'm some kind of veteran since they already trust me to teach the newbies how to be missionaries. But it is kind of cool because everyone looks up to me as if I'm the Rafiki of the MTC. And it has been so fun getting to know all of the new missionaries. 
Learning Spanish here has been a CRAZY experience for me! My district is lucky because we have the three BEST teachers on campus. And I am not just saying that because I am biased. The other kids in my class think the same thing ;) Their names are Hermano Day, Hermano Painter, and Hermano Larson. They all teach do differently but thats what makes it so fun! Everyone in my district is really close. Sometimes it is hard to focus because we talk a lot and go on crazy tangents or break out into song and dance. Just like in musicals...but really (Especially the elders. Believe me, I have videos to prove it). We also all work together really well, helping each other learn and taking turns saying prayers and bearing our testimonies in Spanish. I am so excited to be here! I can not wait to be able to speak fluently so that I can serve the people in Chile at my best capacity. As I think about the people in Chile, I keep getting weirdly emotional, like there is water coming out of my eyes. And anyone that knows me well, knows that I never cry. But it is a HAPPY cry, because I have just felt so strongly over and over again that as the Lord prepares me to go serve, he is also preparing the people in Chile for me to come teach them about this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so excited and can not stop smiling! I can't say that it has been a breeze here, it is definitely a lot of hard work, but I am willing to work hard because I love the Lord and I feel such a love for the people in Chile. They make all of this worth it. I am already reaping the rewards of my missionary service. I find it so interesting that as we serve others, we find the greatest happiness and usually always feel more blessed than the people we are helping.
Along with all of that hard work I am also having the same amount of FUN, if not more! The days would be a lot tougher if it weren't for my lovely roommates and companions. All of the people here in general are just great! Everyone is so happy and super nice. There is just such a feeling of love here that you would never feel anywhere else in the world. Its amazing. I feel like I'm in kindergarten all over again. Where I could go up to anyone on the playground and say "Do you want to be friends?" And they will always say Yes and be your best friend forever! But not only are my roommates and companions my best friends, I honestly feel like they are my long lost soul mates. I have never laughed so much in my life than when I am with them and they are always doing the sweetest things for me. I feel like I've known them my whole lives. I can not wait to get home and hang out with them! 
So long story short, I am doing awesome here! I'm healthy, I am happy, and feel so loved! And I have the Lord to thank for all of that. And all of you guys back at home. I hope that you all are having a great week! Send me your love! I love hearing about you guys as well! 
xoxox, Hermana North


picture 1: all of my soul mates in one picture


picture 2: They have Coconut M&Ms at the bookstore!!!! I bought every bag on the shelf. Just about died when I saw them. This place really is just like heaven.


 picture 3: working hard...


picture 4: Red hot lips


picture 5: The Elders stole my lipstick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment