"Go forward in life with A TWINKLE in your eyes and A SMILE on your face, but WITH GREAT PURPOSE in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chismes Chistes Chocolate Cacajuates Elefantes‏


I am alive and HAPPY! This week could not have gone by any faster. I cannot believe that it is already Monday-Another week. So let me just brief you guys on my week: On Tuesday I got to meet my new greenie, Hermana Leavitt. I could not sleep at all, the night before! I just was way too excited and I had NO idea what to expect as a new mama trainer in a new sector. My new compañiera is amazing. She is from Mesa Arizona, 21 years old, has cute bubbly personality, likes to watch the Bachelorette (first companion yet) and loves to tell those corny jokes that always make me laugh. She could not be more prepared to be here too. Her Spanish is great and she has that greenie power that I always heard about when I was a greenie (now it all makes sense). My first night with her, we didn’t have a lot of time to get to know our sector but in the time that we were out we talked with everyone that passed us. It was so fun to see how excited she was to get going, it made me remember my first day and how surprised my Hermana was to hear me say, “When do we get to knock on doors? Can we please knock on doors??” after my first night with Hermana Leavitt, I knew without a doubt that we were going to be able to open the windows of heaven here in our sector together. There really is power in greenie faith and its starting to rub off on me again!

After spending two glorious days in La Cisterna (we fell in love real hard with our sector), we got a call from the assistants telling us that we were going to be switched over to a sector called Depatamental, which was literally right next to La Cisterna. It is a Huge sector, last night it took us 45 minutes just to walk home from a cita, but igual we are excited to help the Elders progress this area. We are sharing this sector with 4 Elders. YUP! That would be 6 missionaries in one ward! It has been so much fun because we are able to help them in the areas that they need help. Also it has been super nice because the Elders have basically been setting our appointments up for us. Well, they call us and ask if we can go with them to teach or if we can go teach an investigator for them. The other night we got to meet an investigator couple named Ellia and Carols. They are so fun to teach. There is a lot of work to do with them in helping them gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, but I know that once they know it is true, that everything else will just fall into place. That is something that we are promised in the Introduction of the book. And from my own experience, I know that this is true. My conversion to this gospel didn’t come when I was baptized at eight years old; it came after I had a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. Once I knew that the Book of Mormon was true, I was able to understand and learn the truth of the other gospel principles.

By small and simple means, are great things come to past.

So because I am now in the Depatamental sector, I got moved back into my old zone! I was so excited to be back with all of my old friends. The goodbye was very short lived. Today we had a super fun zone activity where we went hiking in a place in San Bernardo called Cerro Chena. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. And if you know me, I loved the hiking part. There is just something about endorphins and pretty views that make me so happy! It was an adventure to start out with because the trails that we thought were the right trails ended up being a military practicing field…aka at any moment we could have been shot at. Ha ha! But how were we supposed to know that? It all just looked green and pretty, supposedly that’s what the signs were for but we never saw them because we jumped a couple of fences to get on the trails. Oops.

Here is one of those jokes that my Hermana told me this week:

Why did sally fall off the swing?

Because she had no arms!

Knock knock. Who’s there?

NOT SALLY! Ahahahahaha. Don’t worry guys, there is more where that came from ;)

Chao! xoxoxoxo

-Hermana North
picture 1: President and Sister Cook (love them with all of my heart!)


picture 2: The view from our new apartment. Im loving it!

picture 3: This is really city life people. The things you'll see in front of a butchery

Picture 4: This reminds me of Dr Suess...probably because those are Elder Hortons feet! Haha Sorry, that was lame...Hermana's cheesy jokes are rubbing off on me!

Picture 5: On top of the World

Picture 6: Doing my thing, like the Elders would say.

Picture 7: Kicked some booty today

Picture 8: Mexican power

Picture 9: The plus to waking up early- I really do love our new apartment!


No comments:

Post a Comment