"Go forward in life with A TWINKLE in your eyes and A SMILE on your face, but WITH GREAT PURPOSE in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy (belated) Conference

So I never got to share my thoughts regarding general conference two weeks ago! It just makes me so happy to know that we have such amazing and inspired leaders, to guide us, who are inspired by our, ever so aware, Heavenly Father. There were so many amazing talks given that can be applied to each one of our individual lives. I’m sure that many of you guys were touched by the words that were shared, but if you didn’t get a chance to watch it here is a link:
Take a moment and watch one of the talks. Personally, my very favorite talk was President Eyring’s talk that he gave on Sunday morning. He talked about the importance of our choices and how we choose our Happiness in life. This was actually also something that I was thinking about in my personal studies this morning, about the Plan that our Heavenly Father created for us.
Before we came to this earth, we lived with a Heavenly Father and Mother who taught us and loved us. They gave us a beautiful gift called agency- the ability to choose for ourselves. It is amazing how big of an impact that our choices have in our lives, an impact that goes beyond this life here on earth. Our choices will follow us throughout eternities. These choices obviously don’t include the choices that we make when choosing what we are going to eat for breakfast or choosing to wear the pink skirt or blue skirt in our day, but more the choices that we make that can lead us and others to joy or the opposite. It is a Big deal, this whole choosing thing, but something so comforting to know is that God is so aware of the choices that we make and has devised means to help us in our path.  He wants us to be able to live in happiness and He knows perfectly what choices that we can make in order to live happily, but He gives us the opportunity to choose for ourselves because that’s the way that we can experience true joy and true trials. We are here on Earth to choose right from wrong and, from our choices, gain experience. I have felt the blessing of my own agency as I have been here serving in Chile as well as seen many people exercise their own agency. Sometimes it’s rough when our loves choose not to accept this gospel message or when we see the negative effects of a bad choice, but God knows and he will always take care of us- as long as we choose to let Him. That’s the key.
So long story short, choose to watch a conference talk, or two.
This week we found out some equally exciting and nerve-racking news. Can you guess?? WE HAVE CAMBIOS. And you all know how I feel about change. I am going to be training a new greenie again in a new area called Quimey (it’s about an hour South from San Miguel). Another crazy adventure. I have no idea what to expect. I will have so much to fill you guys in on next week. I ‘m due on Thursday- say lots of prayers for me that day.
Love you guys! And thanks for all of the love that you guys keep sending! Heaven knows that I need it, it means so much to me.
Xoxox, Hermana North

picture 1: Don Lucho- He has the most amazing story and the most happy camper that I know. My day is always brighter when we run into him in the street

picture 2: Sushi time. 

picture 3: The best kind of lunch when you have a cold

picture 4: The centro looks like Europe

picture 5: Yaqueline our Colombian Love 

picture 6: Art work in the Centro

picture 7: At our multi-cultural stake activity. We are in Itally



No comments:

Post a Comment