"Go forward in life with A TWINKLE in your eyes and A SMILE on your face, but WITH GREAT PURPOSE in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sickness, Miracles and more Miracles!

As for me, nothing new has gone down. I spent three days inside this week from bad health- like I was saying no surprise there, I’m always sick. Last week I had the flu (I forgot to mention that in my letter) and the medicine was helping up until it ran out. I had super bad headaches and it got so bad that I couldn’t read or write or listen to any kind of noise or laugh or even sleep, really. Hermana Tadeo was such a doll and she put blankets over every window that was in the house, she made me a cave! It was so cool and super helpful. I was like a vampire, for the fist time in my life I really hated the sun. I have never experienced so much pain in my life. The Elders from the office brought me miracle drugs, aka antibiotics, to help me feel better and I am so happy to say that they are working! I was able to get out of bed on Sunday and get back to work! Something that I truly thought wouldn’t happen (maybe I was being a little bit dramatic, but the pain was gnarly. It made me hopeless). So keep my head in your prayers, I really don’t want to go back to those sunless days.
As for our miracles this week, well, we saw many! I feel so blessed to be here in this ward. Yes, there have been countless ups and downs, but the Savior has been there constantly reminding me to be patient and this week made it all worth it.
Ever since we got to the sector, we have been working closely with an inactive family, the Familia Orillana, whose kids have never been baptized. We began teaching the kids with the mom to help them gain a testimony and help the mom regain her testimony. Hedder, the 13 year old daughter, has had a testimony of the gospel for a while and so we had been praying a lot for and working hard with Carlos, the 11 year old son, to gain his own testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. The mom has been progressing a lot this past change and yesterday was her first time teaching in her new calling as the primary Sunday school teacher (We heard lots of good things from the kids in her class; that made us happy!) We went over to teach them last night and talked about tithing. After we taught the lesson, they were all super excited to pay their tithing. Hedder even said, “Now I want to find a job just so that I can pay my tithing and receive those blessings.”(Referring to the scripture in Malachi 3: 10, in the Old Testament). It was super sweet. Then we asked Carlos how he has been feeling since he has been going to church, reading the Book of Mormon, etc. He explained to us that he felt good and that he wanted to get baptized but that he needed to wait to really feel his answer in knowing if the church was true or not. It was another one of those situations where the person had received their answer, but just wasn’t recognizing it. We asked him why he wanted to be baptized and he explained to us that it was because he felt good and then he told us, “And last night I had a dream that I was being baptized in the church. And I felt really happy.” BAM! That was his answer. Not everyone receives that kind of answer in a dream, but it was a cool story. I honestly thought that he was just making that up because it came out of left field, but in that moment, Carlos just smiled and said, “Oh, that’s my answer!” haha. It was all super crazy, but the sprit was felt so strong. We were all so excited and they decided to be baptized on March 1st. Experiences like these are reminders to me of why it is so important to have patience, faith and diligence in this work. We have been working with this family since November and have seen their progress all of these months and now the fruits are starting to show. My heart smiles for them and for my Heavenly Father who has given us the opportunity to be part of their lovely progression.
Also, we found out this week that an Hermana in our ward had a baby. The miracle part of this story is that she has been trying to have kids for 18 years and never was able to have them. On Friday night she had a lot of pains and went to the hospital, where she found out that she was going to go into labor! Can you imagine finding that out from the doctor? That night she gave birth to a healthy and perfect baby girl. I am still shocked at the news, but so excited for her and her husband. Those are the lovely blessings that God gives to his faithful sons and daughters. We can never lose hope in our trials because God works Miracles in his own, perfect timing. End of story.
I love you guys so much! Have a lovely week. I hope that you guys can recognize the Lords miracles in your days to make you SMILE.
Xoxo, Hermana North
p.s: Family!!! Thank you so much for the Valentines day shout out. I was dying over how cute those pictures are. You guys make me smile really BIG! I am so blessed
picture 1: Helping Hermana Sonia with her advertisement. Painting in a dress was not a good idea thought...oops! 

 picture 2: Valentines truffles for our loves here in Quimey! YUMM
 picture 3: My favorite food! Seriously I was so stoaked when we ate this for lunch this week. It's the little things in life people

Picture 4:  Hermana Jesse hear that I was sick and came to visit us for a while. A much needed visit after being cooped up for so long.

Picture 5: We are always eating...Hermana Sonia made us her famous churascos! Yum

Picture 6: Grapes are everywhere! And you can just pick them off the vines and eat them! They are free

Picture 7: My cave this week! It looks a lot brighter in the picture than it actually was

No comments:

Post a Comment